Tuesday 23 February 2016

Quilled Pink Valentine Card

Hi.,

I am so excited to write my first blog. And it's even more exciting that it will be about quilling. My interest for quilling started around 3 years back when I was thinking of making handmade card for my mom on Mother's Day. Since then I am making small quilled cards, quilled earrings for my friends.

After all these years of quilling, my passion for quilling increased. And while through blogs related to quilling, the idea of having my own blog for quilling bloosmed. I named my blog as QUILLING SPEAKS as I would like to express my thoughts through quilling and I feel every single quilled shape expresses something.

When the idea of blogging occured, I was thinking which project to pen down. At this stage I came across Indian Quilling Challenge Blog, which is a fantastic platform for quilling enthusiasts to show their talent and it provides a competitive edge for quilling which adds more interest. There recent challenge : IQCG#23-- Anything Goes with pink in it, gave me a subject for my first blog.

And the thought to give a handmade quilled card to my husband on our first Valentine day was a fuel to my quilling engine. That's when the Pink Valentine Card was quilled.



The card is of Pink Handmade paper with a pink heart on it. Different quilled shapes fill the heart in different shades of pink. I have used both 3mm and 5mm pink shades of pre-cut quilled strips. The alphabets indicates the first letter of my name and my husband's name.



I am excited to tell that I am entering my project to IQCG#23-- Anything Goes with pink in it.

While going through other blogs, came across many other challenges. The links are below:

Valentines Day Challenge

Pretty in PINK 



Thanks for stopping by.

Happy quilling. 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice Card.
    Thanks for entering into IQCG challenge.
    Good Luck
    DT IQCG --- Meeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card anusha
    Good luck and thank you for joining us at IQCG#23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good try.. Nice one..thanks for joining our challenge..😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aparna
      I can say this is as ny first big project.
      Couldn't get the shape of the heart and alphabets more accurately.
      Probably next one will be little experienced as I am working on tweezers for small shapes
      Thanks again for the motivation

      Delete
  4. It's certainly a beautiful creation. Keep it up Anusha! Kudos. Thanks for entering in our challenge. Good luck!

    Cheers!

    -Priyanka
    DT - IQCG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey... Really nice entry to keep in touch with all challenges..
    Thank you so much for entering!
    Uma
    Krafttime

    ReplyDelete